Friday, August 24, 2012

My prayer

Father God, make me a worshipper.
Thank you for making me your child. For giving me the privilege that I can come before the almighty God.
But yet, I confess, there are times I don't. I know it sounds so unfathomable that a no-good would get the oppurtunity of exclusive access of the king of kings and still turn it down.
But yes. I do it.
For whatever reason. The sin that make me want to run away and hide. The distractions that draw me away every time I try to go further into your presence. The mistrust that comes after years of unmet expectations and broken hearts. The disbelief that there is actually someone who cares enough to do something. The insecurities and fears that I want to fix with my do-it-yourself attitude. And the love that I had for you slowly being chiseled away and gnawed at by this thing called life.
But lord I pray you would look past all that. Look at the heart that still has the desire to be yours and yours alone. The passion to live for you. The longing to be in your presence. The being that says, 'show me your glory!'. And the love that holds on to you no matter what.
Make me a worshipper Lord. Teach me to worship you. In spirit and in truth.
Make me a worshipper Lord. That I may be a living sacrifice.
Make me a worshipper Lord. Bring me back to my first love.
Make me a worshipper Lord. For that is what I was created to be.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Moses wrote back to me these words. Which were like an answer to prayer,as his words usually are...
    Wooow! These are words and sincerity that makes the God the father to say "I have found a man after my own heart". Search no further...you are a worshiper. Worship is abt being real, naked, exposed and vulnerable yet covered and clothed by his eternal love and beauty. When our longing and yearning tells us we are inadequate, we stop arguing and fighting but draw, crawl or run to the very place of our adequacy and fulfillment; The presence of God. Like a prodigal son, go as you are...jus speak less as long as your in his presence, he becomes the father and embrace you as a son-dear and worthy of love and all privileges of a son. There is no sin that can hold a man after God's heart...never! Remember, In him we live, we move and have our being. We belong in his presence. Though doubt and condemnation may sometimes linger, our only place of wholeness and full assurance is in his Presence. In fact...wen it begin to dawn that God the father, Jesus. and the Holy Spirit have come to make their home in you. You will begin live and walk in constant fellowship and communion with the fullness of the God-Head. Each moment is a moment of intimacy...I mean each moment! Its less abt time and more abt moments. Allow who you are flowout and orientate yo very life. You are a Worship! Much luv

    ReplyDelete