Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lessons from Rjn

I stare across the empty room. The packers n movers have just removed most of my stuff and the only thing left in my once full room are packed suitcases that Dada and me will be carrying on the train tonight. And I can't help wonder "Lord what did I do wrong?"
9 months ago I came here with all the energy and the vigor of a fresh graduate ready to change the world. And then it happened... the world... I learnt a lot of lessons... And I learnt them the hard way.
The mission field, though desperately in need of me, is not as welcoming as I think it should be. The people, though wanting my services, don't necessarily want me. The majority is always right and I am always the minority. The politics, despite your hardest attempts to run away, will always catch up and bite you in the ass. etc etc etc....
BUT I also learnt that I am of more value than sparrows....
For that I am thankful that he who has promised is faithful.
I am thankful for the people I met who gave me a reason to stay. 
I am thankful for the staff who were more than willing to take orders from a girl half their age.
I am thankful for the family just a phone call away. 
I am thankful for the patients who chose to be treated by me with all my inadequacies.
I am thankful for the boss for whom I stayed as long as I did.
I am thankful for all that I learnt and achieved in the lives I touched.

I am thankful for my Father who at breaking point made a way out.
I am thankful for the Savior who parted seas to lead me out. 

And I am thankful for the grace that has kept me safe thus far and the grace that will lead me home.




 

1 comment:

  1. Doc, just stumbled upon your blog and thought this may encourage you. Here's something that missionary heroes had to say about missions:

    "...above all mission work offers one thing and one thing only, "A chance to die.""
    - Amy Charmichael

    "If a commission by an earthly king is considered a honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"
    — David Livingstone

    “Give me the Love that leads the way
    The Faith that nothing can dismay
    The Hope no disappointments tire
    The Passion that’ll burn like fire
    Let me not sink to be a clod
    Make me Thy fuel, Flame of God”
    — Amy Carmichael

    xianlibertarian@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete