Friday, November 11, 2011

Thank God

Every morning and evening, as much as i can manage, I grab my cycle and head out. In any random direction. To any random distance. Just to get away. Where I don't have to think of my patients... My boss... The hospital... My staff.... And shedding the extra kilos don't hurt either!!
And the view is breathtaking... Even in this dry, barren land. Sometimes I just go 'WOW!!'...
Past the different villages... Three men on a bike... A bullock cart... I cycle...
Past the view of the rising sun from the top of the flyover... I keep going...
Past the villagers returning home after work... Past the cows bathing... I cycle...
Past the sunset throwing the sky into hues of orange, red and purple... I go...
No one else... Nothing else.... Just me and my cycle...
With the sound of music... The smells of the city far away... The feel of my beating heart and complaining muscles.... The weight of the day's frustrations getting lighter with each pedal.... I cycle...
And I thank God...
I thank God for the Road....




No comments:

Post a Comment